Who we are and what we do
We are one of the few Spanish startups that has joined Y Combinator (the top startup accelerator in the world) and we have been working since 2018 from the city of A Coruña in Spain.
We are building a platform that allows developers to build frictionless signup flows in minutes. Large companies like Airbnb, Uber or Revolut, dedicate a full engineering team to build and optimize their signup flows but most companies cannot dedicate these resources, and Arengu helps them deliver an optimized signup flow that boosts conversion rates.
Arengu has three modules that can be combined together to cover the most advanced use cases and been agnostic to your API or identity provider:
- Forms: A drag & drop editor that allows you to build custom forms without a single line of code.
- Flows: Allows you to add more complex logic to the forms such as data validations, jumps between form steps, business logic or integrations with third-party APIs.
- Pages: A static page generator based on HTML templates that allows you to create individual or massive landing pages using the previous forms and flows.
If you are curious about what you can build with Arengu, take a look at our tutorials.
We currently have customers in Europe and America. We are reinforcing the team to build the company foundations to start scaling the product based on the most relevant use cases for our customers.
What will you do?
You will help us with most of the day-to-day tasks of the frontend team:
- You will implement new features applying best practices and a lot of love.
- You will work with a fast and iterative delivery cycle. We want to deliver value to the user as fast as we can and iterate to improve those deliveries.
- You will improve platform performance and work to make the user experience using Arengu, as smooth and easy as possible.
- You will take decisions on frontend architecture to improve the platform without over-engineering.
- You will contribute to improve the strength of the frontend code by performing unit and integration testing to avoid errors and facilitate its maintenance.
In your day-to-day work you will have to feel comfortable working with React and be used to working with Redux-style libraries to manage the state of the application. And although it is not necessary that you have a lot of experience with these technologies, we would like you to have at least developed one real project with them.
We haven't migrated to Hooks yet, so we are still using "High Order Components" with Recompose but our plan is to move into it little by little. Of course you will have to feel comfortable managing immutable objects and applying typical patterns and best practices working with React.
We use Redux-Saga on a daily basis so you will need to get familiar with generator and async/await functions.
Our code is processed through Webpack and we deploy it directly to a Google Cloud bucket after running the linter and the automatic tests by using continuous integration in GitLab.
We work with Kanban incrementally, always with the idea of delivering value to the customer as fast as possible and improving it iteratively.
We also have Git for version control and use Gitflow as workflow, doing code reviews to the rest of the team and trying to release at least one version every 2 weeks.
What are we looking for?
The second thing we value the most is that you are proactive and you have the autonomy to manage the full cycle of the features you work on, from analysis to implementation.
- Proactive, curious and decisive attitude.
- To be in a time zone between GMT (London) and GMT+3 (Moscow).
It would be awesome if you have this but not required
- React and Redux with Redux Sagas.
- SOLID principles and best practices.
- Unit and integration testing with Jest and Enzyme.
- Previously worked at a startup.
- REST web services.
- CD, CI, Git, Bash.
- Design and user experience knowledge.
And if you are not sure if you fit into our requirements, don’t worry and apply! We usually have internal talks and you will have a budget for books or courses for training to improve your skills :)
What we offer?
At Arengu we love what we do and we have an informal and horizontal work environment because we want everyone to contribute, so every opinion and idea counts.
In addition, we love transparency and every month we organize a company update where you can ask anything you want. We bring transparency as far as we can, so you can even see the company numbers and the salaries of the founders.
In addition, we offer:
- Salary between €32k and €42k based on your value.
- Salary update according to the evolution of the company. When things go well, they should go well for the whole team.
- All employees have 22 paid non-working days for holidays and some extra days such as Christmas and New Years Eve as minimum, but there is no limit. If you need more days for any reason just ask for them. We think that it is very important to disconnect and spend time with family and friends :)
- Flexible working hours to balance professional and personal life. We try to work together for meetings and chat from 9:30 to 13:30 (GMT+1 Madrid), but you can organize the rest of your hours as you prefer.
- From 15th June to 15th September you will work 32h each week because we have 3 months of summer hours to help you to balance your personal life and spend time with your family.
- You can choose your laptop, we want you to feel comfortable.
- We have internal talks to share knowledge and you can also use some of your working hours to attend courses or conferences. Of course you will have an annual training budget.
- Free tickets for events and conferences. We usually attend events such as CommitConf, FOSDEM, T3chFest or NOSDay.
- 100% remote is available, although we try to get together in Galicia from time to time.
If you want to come to the office, we have fruit, drinks and sandwiches. It’s located in the A Coruña city center with many bars around to drink some beers after work and close to the beach.