At Barkibu, we believe that all pets deserve immediate access to veterinary advice and the best insurance to cover unforeseen health expenses.
With that in mind, we are building the best consumer experience to help pet parents take care of their pet’s health, through a combination of (i) an AI powered vet assistant, (ii) a telehealth platform, and (ii) a suite of subscription plans.
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer to produce scalable software solutions. You’ll be part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment.
Everyone in our team is considered to be a full-stack engineer. You may have more experience in, or have a primary focus on backend or frontend, but you are interested in developing your skills for both.
As a Full Stack Developer, you should be comfortable around both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries. You should also be a team player with a knack for visual design and utility.
If you’re also familiar with Agile methodologies, we’d like to meet you. These are some of the challenges we are going through:
- Development of an open platform that enables the efficient generation of all the veterinarian and model data that is used to drive the customer-facing services, by our AIVet, epidemiologists and data scientists.
- Development of existing and new interfaces for our AIVet to make it more easy to use for our pet parents (barkibu.com, Mobile App, etc)
- Improve code ownership through software architecture and practices.
- Improve our company culture to help Barkibu grow happy in the right way.
What we are looking for
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role
- Bachelor’s Degree or above in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or other Engineering discipline
- Knowledge of some of these frameworks: Spring Boot, Ruby on Rails, Flutter, React
- Passion for technology and quick learner
- Good communication skills
- Work well as a part of a cross-functional team in a fast-paced environment
- English speaking and writing
- We are headquartered in A Coruña and also have offices in Madrid and Valencia. (Preferable people located in Madrid or A Coruña but we will also consider applicants from other locations) :)
What we offer
- Competitive fixed salary (30K - 40K according to experience and tech skills)
- Flexible schedule
- Great work-life balance
- Time and financial support to help you develop your tech and soft skills
- Flexible holidays. Annual leave of 23 working days
- Free online English classes
- Subsidized Private Health (family included)
- Tax-free benefits (restaurant, kindergarten and transportation credit card)
- Employee referral program