The music business needs innovation and technology in today’s world to become more fair and efficient.
If you are looking for a place where transparency, collaboration and sharing are part of a dynamic and not-routine environment, or you are looking forward to collaborating and trying new things openly, you will love BMAT!
BMAT started in 2005 when a group of engineers with a passion for music decided to spin-off from an audio research lab in Barcelona. The company started with an idea – to index all the music in the world – and a mission – to better the music ecosystem – and a team of nerds eager to learn how to build a successful business. Today the company has grown to more than a hundred people - spread across Barcelona, Buenos Aires, Lima, São Paulo, London, Paris, Oslo, Tel-Aviv, Johannesburg, Singapore, Tokyo and Seoul - that team up to deliver daily 1 million identifications and 3 billion matches to our partners from all over the music industry.
In BMAT, we love music. It makes our lives a zillion times better. And we want to give something back to her (yes, to us music is a lady). Make her life easier and her future brighter. We apply our scientific, data-infused brains to tell everyone what music has been played – so that creators get the recognition they deserve. We hear everything everywhere and tell everyone who wants to know. ‘What plays around will come back around’ we say. We believe by helping this happen we can make a positive change in the music ecosystem and enjoy talent for another million years.
We are a team of pretty decent people who enjoy working with each other. We’re open-minded and well-traveled, coming from all parts of the world. We like coffee, tea, chai, and mate all the same. We’ve got rappers, producers, cello players, DJs, and songwriters. The passion for music, the excitement for technology and Barcelona as a backdrop has proven to make a good combination. We say there is a BMAT touch. We believe it has to do with being passionate, obsessive, nice, generous, honest, self-motivated, entrepreneurial, intrepid, crazy, extraordinary, creative, agile, human, friendly, smart, witty, talented, naive, optimistic, surprising, sensual, and nerdy, but not very hipster (unfortunately).”
Our mission is to make the music industry more fair and more efficient using technology.
Do you find this interesting? Okay, so let's continue! 👇
What will your contributions be?
Your mission will be to help our different development teams to build and improve their deployments running on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
We are looking for a team player, passionate about music, to help us maintain and grow our service platforms. Your main responsibility will be to maintain and continuously improve our cloud systems infrastructure, automating key processes such as setup, deployment and monitoring. You will be expected to proactively take care of our platforms like your own little tech babies, improving your skills in the process and staying up to date with the latest technologies. BMAT is an ISO 27001 certified company, so information security will be a key component of the role.
Your contribution to BMAT will be ideal if you fulfill the following roles and responsibilities:👇
AWS Systems Engineer 🧰
- Set up and maintain cloud infrastructure in AWS
- Understand current physical infrastructure and cloud infrastructure of all the verticals of our organization to propose better ways of working
- Maintenance and updates of physical infrastructure (Data Centers) and cloud-based infrastructure in AWS
Cloud Architect 🏯
- Help to design product platforms, IT security, avoiding redundancy and pickups to have the strongest bases to work on
- Continuously share best practices and knowledge about AWS/Cloud services to the team to work collaboratively
- Take over our vertical’s infrastructure, own the possible improvements and make it happen!
What will make you succeed with us?
- +2 Years of experience in setting up and maintaining cloud infrastructure in AWS. We don’t think a certification is necessary as long as you have explored and achieved things with AWS and you are willing to share your knowledge!
- Proficiency in networks and security: VPC, (OPEN)VPN, routing, firewalls
- Your natural OS is Linux
- You use your knowledge of Shell, Python, and automation tools to avoid repeating yourself
- You are organized in your work and love monitoring and logging your platforms (ClowdWatch,ELK, CheckMK,...)
- Experience using Puppet and/or Ansible for configuration management
- Experience using Docker and Jenkins for continuous integration
- Experience using git for version control
- Be a master in problem solving to look for continuous improvement and find solutions that can shake the day-to-day and add some flow to the team.
- Work autonomously but also collaboratively by sharing best practices and initiatives with the team
- Be a great English speaker, apart from music and code, this is our main communication language, so you’ll need it to develop your career with us
It would also be great if you:
- Have experience with the rest of technologies we use in our stack (see below 👇)
Our stack / our technologies:
- Our services run on hybrid infrastructures, we have around 350 physical servers in 5 datacenters and infrastructure in several AWS accounts (using VPC, EC2, S3, RDS, ELB, etc.)
- We are strongly oriented towards infrastructure-as-code solutions (puppet, Terraform)
- We use Docker and we’d like to start using clusters like EKS
- We use Apache, NGINX and Tomcat web/application servers
- Our data lives in MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB and Redis databases, and we search it using ElasticSearch.
Which are our Values?
This is our team👨👩👧👦. If you want, you can meet us a little bit more here 👈
We have developed and embraced our values on a day-to-day basis, it is very important for our team to understand them and act accordingly every day! 👇
What will you win if you work with BMAT?
- Full-time job 🟢...but if you are a freelancer, don’t hesitate, we might have a great deal for you!
- Flexible working hours, working location, and remote working* 🌟
- Team 👨👩👧👦: We are a team of pretty decent people from all over the world who enjoy working with each other.. You will be a part of a diverse and multicultural team based in Barcelona and obsessed with bettering the music industry, Here, you can find people from everywhere, sharing different traditions, nationalities and cultures
- Culture:💫 BMAT is based in a collaborative environment with a lot of autonomy, proposing your own objectives and developing performance to achieve the organization’s bigger purpose. A place where you find trust, responsibility and motivation to work for the same objective.
- Flat hierarchy🏡 : This is a team with a flat hierarchy, where transparency, collaboration and sharing are part of a dynamic and not-routine environment
- Possibility to choose your hardware and tools 🧰
- Development 🤓: We believe in the power of people and their development, you will have a wide range of online and onsite courses to choose from, plus free English and Spanish classes.
*Central Europe time-zone friendly
Do not hesitate, apply now and be part of BMAT!!
Diverse perspectives drive innovation, and innovation is kind of our thing. Our open-minded and flexible culture organically fosters this diversity. We've learnt that we thrive on learning from each other, so we don't just welcome but actively hire a range of open-minded people from all walks of life. Our team is made up of people with different backgrounds, perspectives, orientations, abilities, musical tastes, dress sense and time-zones - but we all have one common goal: Making the music world a better place. With equal opportunities for everyone, BMAT is a pretty nice place to work.