There’s a talent for hiring people. You cannot leave it all to an algorithm and a chatbot. And you don’t have to do it all alone.
Circular is a community of talent managers committed to referring talented people they know and providing a positive candidate experience.
We launched our community over two years ago and we already close hundreds of tech hires every year –for companies hiring remotely or within Spain (for now). We’re a team of 15 ultra-motivated software engineers, designers, account managers, and talent advocates convinced that recruiting doesn’t have to be a brutal and ruthless industry.
We’re now facing a huge expansion phase and looking for an experienced product designer to help us shape an outstanding experience for both in-house recruiters and developers.
We believe that a strong set of values are needed to fulfill our mission. Values that inform every decision we make, every day; concrete and specific ideas that are easy to understand and that guide our relationship with our projects, our customers, and how our team works together.
- Human: We put people first, we’re not a family but we’re a team in which we deeply care for each other. We’re conscious that the work we do at Circular has a positive impact on people’s lives.
- Clear: if it’s not self-explanatory; you need to rewrite it, rebuild it, or redefine it.
- Accountable: radical transparency in objective setting and performance leads to clear responsibility and no arbitrariness.
- Efficient: we are no fans of crunch time so we don’t waste time on non-core tasks, plan in advance, foster focus, prioritize and re-prioritize to-do lists, avoid meetings and presentations, etc.
- Fast but excellent: it is possible to move quickly and have high-quality standards. We encourage candid, constructive feedback and acknowledge everything can always be improved.
- Diverse and inclusive: We are a team with different backgrounds because we know it leads to a better outcome. Every team member and the whole Circular community participate in how we build Circular.
What will you be doing?
The challenge is extremely ambitious: we’re creating a category. Our product is a community so building trust is our focus. But it’s also a hiring tool so it needs to feed from existing codes and best practices in the industry. And for candidates we want to be as light-touch as possible. And all this needs to be coherent. And simple, very simple.
We need someone that can translate this vision into a simple and clear experience for our users.
We'll let you know more during the interviews, but some example projects you will be working on in the first few months:
- Change the information architecture for the in-house recruiters’ product
- Take the existing design system and create a 6 month roadmap to iterate it
- Design specific features that foster a sense of community (e.g. group Q&A)
How do we work?
We have a lean and pragmatic approach to product and software development. Linear is our main project management tool with a lot of Google Docs and, increasingly, Notion for documentation. Our design system lives on Figma where we can all interact with it. The engineering teams lives on GitHub.
As we scale in the next three months, we’ll set up three semi-independent teams working on different product areas: Community, Liquidity and Operational efficiency.
Each of this team will be responsible for specific KPIs and have ownership of their roadmap and its delivery on time. All teams are aligned by our quarterly OKRs and our vision for the next 18 months.
We want to develop a design system that allows us to both 1) iterate the product faster and 2) be more consistent throughout the product.
What we can offer
- €30k-€45k annual salary depending on your experience
- A very competitive pack of stock options (defined as a percentage of your salary)
- Whatever hardware and software you need for the job. We currently work with Apple Macbook Pros (13”) with external displays.
- Full-remote work within the European timezone and the option of going to our Madrid office.
We’re looking for someone that:
- Empathises with our users (in-house recruiters and developers) and delivers polished, efficient, consistent and simple designs that improve the experience of the people using Circular.
- Solves problems creatively. We are not making yet another Applicant Tracking System, or allowing people to order burgers faster, but re-humanizing recruitment and making it cooperative. This means thinking about problems in a different way, and we encourage designers from all backgrounds to apply.
- Is able to make sense of discreet parts of a customer experience and map it across user flows, sketches and prototypes.
- Not only understands how to structure a design file or a UI toolkit in Figma or Sketch, but knows how to build and evolve a basic design system to ensure a product can scale effectively with design and development completely aligned.
- Practices fast-paced, iterative design. Capable of creating both low-fi sketches and pixel-perfect visual designs.
- Is experienced leading user research sessions and extracting actionable insights.
- Is used to working in squads –with developers and product managers– to develop and ship product features with user focus.