Staff Frontend Software Engineer | €55-65K
🇬🇧 Inglés necesario (entorno seguro para mejorar)
Eventbrite is seeking a Staff Frontend Software Engineer to join us in our mission to bring the world together through live experiences. Last year alone, our platform processed over 150 million tickets across over 3 million events organized by our creators. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to build beautiful, responsive, delightful, and intuitive user interfaces that our creators and attendees are excited to use every day.
The members of our team tackle big problems through small group collaboration. Our technology spans across web, mobile, APIs, big data and machine learning, search, as well as physical point of sale and ticket scanning systems. As a people-focused organization, we support a culture of inclusion, mentorship, and continuous learning. Pair programming, weekly demos, tech talks, and hackathons are at the core of how we build our team and product. We engage with the community by hosting events with exciting technical speakers and releasing key building blocks of our stack as open-source software.
We are seeking an experienced software engineer who is passionate about their craft to join our engineering teams in Spain. The teams are usually composed of frontend engineers, backend engineers, a product manager, a designer, and an engineering manager. You will solve challenging technical problems and own your products end-to-end, and architect applications from the ground up thinking through continuous deployment and scalability. You will contribute to Eventbrite engineering’s culture of technical excellence through inclusivity, knowledge sharing, and mentorship. This is more than an opportunity to join an amazing team, it is a chance to impact Eventbrite’s platform and organization at scale.
The tech stack
Eventbrite extensively uses React with Redux and has started using Typescript for building various applications. We are one of the world’s largest Django-powered sites by request volume. Python, Django, and MySQL are the primary off-the-shelf technologies in our stack. We are hosted on AWS.
The skill set
- 2+ years of experience working with React
- 2+ years of experience with state management frameworks like Redux
- You have a deep understanding of cross-browser compatibility pitfalls and how to work around them.
- You have a great track record of working closely with design teams to build beautiful and intuitive web pages and applications.
- You enjoy mentoring and teaching colleagues at all levels, while also learning from them.
- You are a pragmatic programmer that understands how to balance quality, time to ship, and cost.
- You have a holistic approach to quality.
- You can improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- You have a strong portfolio (on Github) that displays your passion for delighting users.
- You have previous experience working with a large engineering team on a complex web application.
- You have previous experience with build chain tools like Webpack, Gulp, Grunt, and Yarn.
- You have previous experience with visual design techniques like spacing, typography, and color.
- You have familiarity with server-side frameworks such as Django, Express, Rails, .Net, or Node.js.
- You have familiarity with working in container environments and continuous integration tools like Jenkins.
- You have familiarity with Typescript.
- You have familiarity with relational databases, such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQL, etc.
- Familiarity with payments and money systems.
What we offer
At Eventbrite, we strive to support our Britelings and their loved ones through different stages of life with robust and attractive benefits, financial and physical wellness options, and great perks.
In addition to offering a competitive salary and company stock, we have other great benefits available. In the Briteland, you’ll find great medical plans, fertility and adoption benefits, wellness reimbursement, generous parental leave, on-site services, and much more.
We care about your mental health and wellbeing
Our employees enjoy free coaching sessions with Modern Health. We also offer free therapy sessions with a psychologist. You’ll also have access to private medical insurance for you and your family, that includes dental care. And if you like sports, we have our wellness program to pay for your gym expenses.
Ongoing training and career development is an important part of our culture
We offer unlimited access to courses in Udemy, language exchange programs, internal training, Briteling talks, workshops and weekly sessions with our CEO
Work-life balance is extremely important to us
Our employees can choose what works best for them: work in one of our offices, be fully remote or the best of both worlds! We believe in a flexible working environment to allow Britelings to perform at their best ensuring a healthy work-life balance. We have recently implemented Britebreak Fridays: all Britelings turn off their computers and take the first Friday of every month off to focus on their wellbeing.
Eventbrite is a global self-service ticketing and experience technology platform that serves a community of nearly one million event creators in over 180 countries. Since inception, Eventbrite has been at the center of the experience economy, transforming the way people organize and attend events. The Eventbrite platform provides an intuitive, secure, and reliable service that enables creators to plan and execute their live and online events, whether it's an annual culinary festival attracting thousands of foodies, a professional webinar, a weekly yoga workshop or a youth dance class. With over 300 million tickets distributed to more than 4 million experiences in 2019, Eventbrite is where people all over the world discover new things to do or new ways to do more of what they love.
Is this role not an exact fit?
Sign up to keep in touch and we’ll let you know when we have new positions on our team.
Eventbrite is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from all suitably qualified individuals are encouraged, regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.