At Factorial we're looking for a Jr or Mid Software Engineer to help us take our Payroll team to the next level. 📈
We want to develop the extremely talented people in our team, scale the company culture and evangelize our views on how Human Resources can make a difference for organizations all over the world. 🌎
About us 🤓
Factorial is an HR Software startup founded 5 years ago, we've won awards and received outstanding customer feedback since day one. It has closed over 80M€ in funding with top international venture capital firms (Tiger, CRV, Creandum, Point Nine Capital and K Fund). Take a look and see how we started: The origin 🕳
Our Mission 🚀
To help small and medium companies automate HR workflows, centralize people data and make better business decisions. Currently serves thousands of customers in over 60 countries all over the world and across industries, it has built a super talented team of over +200 people in its headquarters in the sunny Barcelona.🌞
The Payroll Team 👛
Processing Payroll is essential for all companies, and we want Factorial to facilitate it for everyone involved. Our mission is to automate everything that makes Payroll a chore and support decision-making for the rest of the process.
In the Payroll team, we are building on every front:
- The app UI to engage all the actors in the process (employees, managers, bookkeepers),
- The automated workflows to communicate every new information to everyone who needs it,
- The integrations with 3rd party providers, where every new partner is a new challenge.
Every new feature is the chance of having a big impact on the whole product.
The Role 🔨
At Factorial we have a team of 35 very talented Full Stack developers. We are looking for engineers who can wear many hats, abstract problems, and find creative solutions. We look for smart people who are curious, proactive, and have good soft/communication skills.
We are not looking for a long list of skills and technologies. Our stack is Ruby on Rails for the backend and React/React-native for the clients, but it’s not mandatory to be proficient _on those _(most of the team came with other areas of expertise which is very enriching). We believe that someone who has good aptitudes and is hungry for learning is what works best.
Working at an early-stage startup like Factorial means making a bigger impact and learning more. In terms of the day to day work, you will enjoy the freedom to tackle big technical challenges your own way, working alongside a group of experienced developers and joining in at a critical stage in the company's future success.
What will you be doing? 👀
- Focus on expanding experience and proficiency in our code base, with solid understanding of relevant areas. Writing maintainable code.
- Scope and implement solutions for the epics with minimal guidance.
- Consistently follow best practices, able to defend technical decisions in code review feedback.
- Provide helpful, timely code reviews.
- Identify recurrent problems/issues/bugs and care about how solve them.
- Write clean code.
- Deploy to production multiple times per day.
- Have full ownership (and accountability) of which features to build and how to ship them.
- Share your knowledge or learn from others through one of our monthly tech talks, weekly lunch or our dev.to blog.
- Be trusted by the Factorial team. We want to work with you because we think you can solve the problems in your own way and we trust that you will be able to manage your time and schedule.
- Learn from and work with a team of extremely experienced developers, in a very quality-oriented environment.
- You should be a learner: you want to improve your skills not only in the engineering field but across any other areas.
- You should be an owner: You like proposing new hypotheses and be responsible for building, deploying and validating them.
- You know how to create an app (back-end and front-end) from the scratch and you can explain your technical decisions along the way.
- You have experience working as a developer before.
- You have to be comfortable with communicating in English.
- For remote working, your timezone should be between -4/+4 CET.
- The annual salary is 35.000€ for Jr Fullstack Developers and 40.000€ for Mid Fullstack Engineers.
Perks of being part of our team 😏
- High growth, multicultural and friendly environment 🤝🏽
- Flexible schedules! ⏰
- Free physiotherapy in the office once a week! 💪
- Full remote flexibility 🏠
- AXA private health insurance 🩺
- Healthy life with Andjoy (Gyms, pools, outdoor classes) 🧘🏽♀️
- Save expenses with Cobee 💰
- Language classes with Yolk Academy & Factorial Language exchange 👩🏽🏫
- Get the most out of your salary with Devengo 💸
- Breakfast in the office and organic fruit 🍏
- Syra discounts ❗
- Free caffeine and theine ☕
- Pet Friendly 🐶
Diversity is part of us, we have more than 25 countries in our teams and we promote an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates, come join the team! 🌎
Want to know more about us? We #betonpeople 💜