Lingokids mission is to break down language barriers and provide equal opportunities for kids all around the world. To help deliver our educational content to millions of families, we’re looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer to work on our Content Scalability project.
At Lingokids we encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We actively seek to hire individuals with different perspectives and we are eager to continue diversifying our company's culture. We strive to be an inclusive, supportive place where you can do the best work of your career.
Our offices are in Madrid, Spain but the position is open to anyone with experience working remotely. Some overlap with Central European Time is expected though, for those times when a video call is the most efficient way to communicate.
About the job
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer you will build a new, better version of our content management system and workflows.
More specifically, you will:
- Gather requirements from our Interactive Content, Kids Journey, and Parents squads.
- Document their existing workflows for content creation, scheduling, and distribution.
- Come up with new workflows that will help them scale content production by an order of magnitude.
- Design and build the user interface and backend system that will make those new workflows as effortless as possible.
- Work on a majestic modular monolith built with Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, and Sidekiq.
- Own your work from development to production and ensure its quality, maintainability and supportability.
The ideal teammate for us would be someone who believes that communication, empathy, inquisitiveness, and open mindedness are fundamental to being successful in any endeavour.
You should have:
- A solid understanding of the backend stack: HTTP, Relational Databases, Background Processing Systems.
- The capacity to build a solid User Experience as well as an appreciation for good Visual Design. Great attention to detail.
- A self-driven approach to learning new technologies and moving projects forward.
We consider the following as nice to have:
- Experience in building process automation tools for non-technical users.
- Previous experience in building content management systems.
- A DevOps mentality of owning a service all the way to production.
English is a must. We are a multicultural team and we are providing a service in English so, we don't care about certificates but we expect you to be able to communicate fluently.
You should feel equally comfortable communicating in long-form writing. Given the circumstances we have become a fully remote company and we are firm believers that being articulate in both spoken and written long-form asynchronous communication is key to working efficiently together.
Experience working closely with non-technical stakeholders to refine requirements and bring them to life is a must as we expect our Senior Full Stack Engineer to be the driving force for the entire lifecycle of this project's development.
If you think you don't tick all the boxes, we'd still love to hear from you. Nobody checks every box, and we are looking for someone excited to join the team.
Pay and Benefits
We are not perfect, but we are proud of our culture and work hard to make sure every Lingoer loves what they do. These are some of the things we offer you for being a Lingoer:
- Competitive Salary: The range for this role is between 41k€ and 55k€ gross per year.
- Visa Sponsorship: We will fully-sponsor a visa to come work with us if needed.
- Holidays: 23 days of paid leave, and 14 days of bank holidays a year!
- Family Leave Enjoy up to 4 months of paid family leave, regardless of when you joined.
- Stock-options: Joining the Lingokids journey means you own part of the company.
- Flexible Hours & Remote working: We care about the results you bring to the team. 9 to 6 and constant commuting is not for us either.
- The gear you need:, Whether it’s mac or windows, a big screen or a laptop stand, whatever you need to do your job, we get it for you.
- Diverse Environment: Gender-balanced and multicultural team with 16+ nationalities and day-to-day work in English.
- Training: We support you to get better at your job with all the books, conferences and training you need. Including language lessons at the office in ES, EN & PT
- Free Friday Lunch: Company allowance to be able to order lunch every Friday with Deliveroo!