Madrid or Remote – must be based in Spain for regulatory reasons
About Ninety Nine
Ninety Nine is a fintech scale up with a mission of improving peoples’ relationship with money. We do this by offering an easy to use, affordable and ethical investing platform and putting our clients’ interest as the cornerstone of our decision-making process.
We are currently in the process of taking our investment platform to the next level, building new cool features and expanding our product to new countries to reach hundreds of thousands of users.
We write a lot about what we love about investing, so check out our blog if you want some more information about us.
About the role
We are looking for Front End Engineer to lead the implementation of a brand new product in Ninety Nine: a Web Trader to bring all the functionalities in our Android/iOS apps to web browsers.
What you will be doing
- First and foremost work with the Product and Backend teams to implement all functionality available in our apps in a brand new web application. There is literally 0-nothing-nada built so it’s important you bring a good idea about the stack and structure to implement from scratch.
- You won’t only implement the Web Trader, but also build with the help of our Backend team the deployment processes (run a suit of automated test – including end to end, build the packages and deploy the front end and linked services).
- Once the foundations are in place you will also be in charge of expanding and managing the team (current plan is adding one more person).
- 4+ years of relevant experience as a Front End Developer or Engineer, ideally with experience in some complex/interesting projects you designed and implemented. Extra kudos for systems with high availability, SPAs, troubleshooting performance issues, responsive, adaptive, multiplatform or websites including graphs.
- You also have experience working side by side with Designers and Product Managers building beautiful and highly performant websites, with dynamic components and a lot of information on the screen (numbers, graphs, etc).
- You have excellent programming skills and great engineering foundations and best practices, and at the same time you know when to take a pragmatic approach. You understand technology always serves the purpose of having a real product used by real users, and keep this as the main decision driver.
- We are not looking for a full stack, but you will get extra kudos if you have experience and feel comfortable making small changes in the backend and understanding the global picture and not just the Front End.
- You have a curious mind and are independent in terms of problem solving. You feel comfortable when having to develop features not fully defined, that require some research or brainstorming. Since we are building a product that requires innovation in a few different areas, this is pretty much our daily life.
- You have good communication skills and enjoy talking with other teams (Design, Mobile, Backend, Product, Marketing, Finances) to achieve the required coordination to create a great product. You feel comfortable explaining what you did last weekend in English.
About the Ninety Nine Tech Team
We aim to create a great engineering culture based on respect, collaboration, diversity, personal growth and engineering best practices. We <3 continuous integration, monitoring and automated testing, and all our infrastructure is either serverless or runs on containers.
We strive to create secure, scalable and performant services and mobile apps to allow the company to iterate fast on snappy product features and at the same time keep the data of our users and partners secured.
Our stack is mainly Kotlin, MongoDB and Swift, but we are looking for people with good software engineering foundations rather than experts in a single technology.
And we really are Agile, not a superficial implementation, but a deep, company-wide iterative mindset.
Working at Ninety Nine
We believe that building a diverse and inclusive team is critical to Ninety Nine success. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
- Flexible working: whether it’s working from home or leaving early to pick up the kids from school.
- Learning and Development: our team is hungry to continuously learn and you’ll receive a budget to spend on books and conferences to keep growing as a person.
- Unplugged weekends: we work hard without letting work get in the way of life. We’ve implemented no Slacks or emails on weekends, so you can switch off.
- Impact: your actions will have an impact in the life of millions of customers that rely their life savings (and dreams) on us.
- Birthday disconnection: important days exist to spend valuable time with family and friends, not drained by infinite emails and never ending to-do lists.
How to apply
Please send us an email including your LinkedIn profile or CV and we will be in touch: email@example.com