Acerca del empleo
Do you love bleeding edge technology? Do you want to work in an established AI start-up, analyzing real data and providing results that have a huge impact on customers?
We are looking for a junior data analyst with a Python foundation and very strong data analysis skills.
This is an entry level position, ideal for candidates fresh out of college or who recently changed careers into the Data Analysis field. We will favor candidates with strong analytical skills, even if you have little professional experience.
You will work in a flexible, modern, tech-driven environment, focused on problem solving.
What will your typical day look like?
- Handle customer data, typically in csv/xls or json format, and import it into an analysis environment
- Analyze data using existing machine learning models
- Develop new features and improvements to the models
- Work locally with your machine, then merge the data and new code into our master branch.
- Produce reports and documentation with your findings
What technical skills should you have?
- A degree in computing, math, statistics, or a related field.
- Demonstrable experience as a data analyst, either in a professional environment or with some side-projects or class projects
- Fluent in Python and its toolset, including notebooks but also working with classes, objects and functions
- Fluent in mathematical and scientific libraries like Pandas, NumPy, Matplotlib
- Strong machine learning and statistics knowledge, especially regression models, stochastic methods, clustering, and reinforced learning techniques
- Linux or another UNIX environment (macOS, BSD, …)
- Knowledge of SQL databases is a plus
What soft skills should you have?
- Rigorously follow coding best practices, as your code will be integrated into the main product. You will develop real code and analyze production data, not quick hacks.
- The ability to work autonomously in short sprints with clear goals, often set by you.
- Excellent English and Spanish communication skills. The official language at the office, on Slack, and for company documents is English. You will be communicating with customers so a good level of Spanish is a must.
- A work permit for Spain.
- Be honest with your work and respectful with your colleagues.
During the covid-19 pandemic we are all working from home. When things get back to normal we would like to meet periodically at the office to work and have lunch together.
- A flexible position, autonomous and goal-oriented where you can make your own decisions
- Hybrid remote, working mostly from home and seeing your colleagues periodically
- The opportunity to grow with the company
- A competitive entry-level salary according to your experience and skills.
- A flexible schedule so you can balance work with personal life.
- Go to congresses, read books, sign up to courses to learn and grow.
- We have a friendly office environment that you can use whenever you like. We are located on the 16th floor of the Telefonica building, with other top startups, on a glass building with all-day sunlight and views to the sea.
- We are a transparent company. Every week the founders will inform you of the company status and you will have the opportunity to contribute to the vision, roadmap, and ask any questions
- Work with the kind of people who decided to name their new product Optimus Price! 🤓
We are a start-up founded by researchers of the Barcelona Supercomputing Center and awarded by the entrepreneurial ecosystem and public research institutions. We are currently incubated by Wayra, the Telefonica accelerator.
Optimus Price, our product, is a new generation SaaS to automate pricing, purchases, inventory, and help retailers make better decisions: https://optimusprice.ai
Our goal is to make Optimus Price the tool that all retailers in the world use to manage their store.
If you love tech as much as we do, this is your company.
Apply for this job
You can apply via Linkedin, or sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will appreciate having access to your previous experience, projects and roles. Both a traditional CV or a good Linkedin profile work for us.
We will consider positively candidates who send a presentation letter explaining why you are interested in this position, your expectations and motivations, or simply selling yourself :)
If you have an online repo (e.g. Github, Bitbucket) please send us the link too.
Our recruiting process typically lasts 4-5 weeks and includes: (1) a first contact via e-mail, (2) a video interview, (3) a technical exercise, and (4) a personal interview.
Position published on September 29th, 2021. We expect you to join our team in early November.