We’re looking for a Senior Backend Developer to join the family in Barcelona or remotely. Your role will require:
- To code all required stories/modules/versions for the backend/api/platform.
- To write clean code: elegant (pleasing to read), focused, taking care of (taking time to keep it simple and orderly, with appropriate attention to details), avoiding redundancy and applying team guidelines.
- To comment code thinking in others (simple and direct comments but explaining to those who didn’t coded it).
- To apply team VCS (branching, versioning, commit) guidelines. Branching and merges should be done one time, carefully and respecting other coders work. Code conflicts should be fixed atm.
- To refactor redundant or incorrect code if found and if possible.
- To apply Agile (SCRUM) methodology as a team and individual, caring about quality, resources and time. To meet deadlines for every sprint and raise a flag on time when issues are encountered. Deadlines are important for team success. Stories/Tasks must be always updated on time (trello or similar).
- To document (releases) caring about the people that will learn about our work. Documentation should be structured, clear and done on time. IT documentation must be done always in English.
- To share with the team knowledge and thoughts about methodologies and technologies.
- To do some other IT related tasks (not directly related with code), such as Systems Administration (specially for deployments) or other requirements.
You will be working directly with the CTO. This is a great opportunity to design and build your own backend infrastructure from the ground up, and have the opportunity to grow a team around you.
Deliverables & KPIs
- Sprints code/commits/branches/stories.
- Release documentation.
- Other IT required documentation.
- Deadline execution/deviation for development - Responsible to meet deadlines on time.
Skills we are looking for
We know that perfect candidates don’t exist. We’d love to learn more about you. Even if just a few of those apply to you. 🦄
- Laravel Framework experience (minimum 2 years). This means that you already have been working in projects in Laravel and can prove a good knowledge of the framework, their ORM models, the MVC structure and how to work with Laravel for API development.
- Hands on attitude: Ability to work independently and be proactive rather than reactive.
- Agile/SCRUM methodology
- Git VCS knowledge
- Basics of Front End: JS frameworks appreciated (such as React or Angular)
- Basics of DevOps.
- Never settle. You always strive to develop personally and professionally, open to learn new things and share the ones you expertise.
- English written/spoken (Spanish is a plus)
Why you might be excited about us
- Competitive Salary
- Phantom Shares Package. We want everybody to be a true owner in Pulpo.
- Flexible working hours: we all have our objectives, as long as they are met, you have the flexibility to set your own time
- Easy remote work policy: We have an office in Barcelona where you can hang out with the rest of the team have an international team but if you need to work from home or can't get to Barcelona right now, for some time, we are easy.
- Make a big difference: Take, own and implement decisions to build Pulpo backend from scratch.
- Ask what you need. You are an early stage employee, just ask what you need :)
Why you might *not* be excited about us:
- We're small (5 people), so if you like more established companies, this role isn’t for you. You'll help create our company's culture.
- We're an early stage startup. Projects and priorities are likely to shift.
- You should be comfortable with just a dash of chaos. This is not the kind of job where you show up and we tell you exactly what to do every day.
- Pulpo is pro-startup, pro-tech organisation. If that’s not your thing, this isn’t the place for you.