What's Red Points all about?
Red Points protects your brand and content in the digital environment. We are able to do this through our proprietary technology which employs machine learning algorithms to scan the internet and identify all violations and infringements. We then employ our technical and legal expertise to ensure that all infringing data is removed or deindexed. Finally, we provide full visibility and actionable intelligence to our clients through our real-time reporting tool.
Our protection covers the entire digital spectrum and we are constantly improving our service to keep pace with the quickly evolving landscape of digital piracy. As a result, we are the preferred brand protection partner for some of the leading global brands and content owners in the sporting, entertainment, fashion, editorial, and software industries, and we've now been tagged as "one of Europe's hottest tech companies" by Wired.
We are looking for a Python developer to get involved in our crawling technology, libraries, and hundreds of projects using them, helping us maintain our platform, optimize and improve it further. This position has the possibility of being fully remote. Responsibilities
Your day-to-day will be split between writing beautiful, idiomatic Python code, reviewing pull requests from other team members, debugging complex issues, and also participating in the decision making processes. Namely, contributing with your experience in software design and architecture.
- Good knowledge of Python, with the ability to write reusable and idiomatic code.
- Expertise in object-oriented design, software architecture best practices and patterns, and large scale application development with maintainability and extensibility in mind.
- Experience with web requests, and with the requests python library.
- Experience with TDD, testing best practices and methodologies: _pytest, unittest, mock, _and _responses _libraries.
- Experience with using docker/_docker-compose _for the whole lifecycle including development, testing, debugging, QA, CI, and deployment.
- The ability to express complex ideas in written and spoken English is crucial since our team is composed of people from 5 different nationalities and it’s the language we communicate in.
Nice to have - it's a plus!
- An understanding of the architecture of web-applications (including ajax websites), and proficiency with browser-integrated developer tools, for reverse engineering purposes.
- An inclination towards code optimizations (algorithmic complexity, memory usage).
- Proficiency contributing to shared codebases using git.
- Efficient text processing with regular expressions and XML parsing.
- Experience with selenium/nodejs/phantomjs/splash or any similar software for scraping or automation purposes.
- “Can do” attitude. We like to hear solutions, not problems.
What we offer
- Working in a state-of-the-art Python ecosystem with an emphasis on testing and continuous integration.
- Agile software development environment with Atlassian stack for version control, scrum, documentation, and CI.
- Friendly and talented team. With dedicated product owner, technical writer, and QA. Focus on improving processes.
- Engaged leadership that cares about the product and your professional growth.
- You will be part of a large IT department, split into highly specialized teams, working together in harmony to achieve our vision and common goals.
- A relatively flat organizational structure to accommodate faster communication and collaboration.
- We prefer to have face to face interaction with our teams, but we are also flexible with remote options!
- A fun and fast-paced Startup environment with cool people
- Friday reduced working time
- A sunny office with a large terrace, based in the center of Barcelona
- Career plan and development
- Private health insurance covered by the company
- Gym membership to access all DIR gyms in Catalunya and selected YogaOne Centres in Barcelona for a ridiculous price
- Free English and Spanish lessons
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We encourage all applicants, regardless of race, religion, or belief (if any), color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, sexual orientation, age, marital and civil partnership status, or disability status.
At Red Points, we believe real success starts and ends with hiring the very best people, empowering those people to get the job done, and making sure our people have a whole lot of fun along the way.
If you think this position could be a good match, apply now, and let's talk! :)