At RevenueCat, we make selling subscriptions in your mobile app easy. We launched as part of Y Combinator's summer 2018 batch and today are handling subscriptions for more than 10 million mobile subscriptions across thousands of apps. We are a mission driven, remote-first company that is building the foundation of mobile subscription infrastructure. Top companies like VSCO, Notion, WidgetSmith, Buffer, and Fishbrain count on RevenueCat to power their subscriptions at scale.
Our 30 team members (and growing!) are located all over the world, from San Francisco to Madrid to Taipei, and we're proud to be a remote-first company. We're a close-knit, product-driven team, and we love our core values: Always be Shipping, Own it, Be Customer-Obsessed, and Be Balanced.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer, you will collaborate with our product, design, backend, and data teams to deliver features that help developers using RevenueCat to make more money.
- 5+ years working with frontend web technologies.
- You've shipped one user-facing, frontend product in React.
- You have a strong fundamental understanding of user experience principles.
- You have deep empathy for the user.
- You are more interested in the practical and functional, than the "beautiful" and fragile.
- You are a collaborative builder and like to build applications with other engineers in mind.
- You are an excellent written and verbal communicator.
- You know when to seek assistance, and it's typically to discuss tradeoffs.
In the first month, you'll:
- Ship your first changes to our dashboard, likely in your first few days
- Learn how our frontend is built, maintained, tested, and deployed
- Fix a handful of annoying UI bugs to get your feet under you
- Begin reviewing code and add to our engineering culture
Within the first 3 months, you'll:
- Gain confidence in tackling most tasks in our code base
- Have suggestions to improve the way we ship frontend features
- Have coordinated closely with our backend team to shape APIs to drive frontend features
- Have discussed with the design team on how to improve our user experience
Within the first 6 months, you'll:
- Know all the major components of our apps and be able to debug complex issues
- Have helped ship new, non-dashboard web apps that help developers
- Have your own initiatives for improving the code base and our infrastructure
Within the first 12 months, you'll:
- Be able to spec, architect, and build any feature we might want to build
- Have a roadmap for big improvements we need to make to how we deliver frontend
- Be able to jump into almost every area of the codebase and feel confident about making changes and improvements
- Devise and implement a testing strategy to help us ship faster
- Mentor other engineers joining the team
What we offer
- $150,000-$170,000 USD + competitive equity across all geographies
- Generous stipend for home workspace
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for US team members
- Matched 401K plans for US team members
- Open vacation policy