One sunny Barcelona morning, two designers sat down to build a beautiful lead generation form for a bathroom showroom. They ended up reimagining the data collection experience—and this was one idea they wouldn’t be flushing down the toilet. Today, Typeform is a team of over 300 people from more than 35 countries, with offices in Barcelona, Spain and San Francisco, US.
We’re building a world where brands, businesses, and their communities can have more personal relationships with the people who matter most to them. To do this, we give people the tools they need to have conversational experiences at scale—because meaningful relationships start with conversations.
About the Team
The Data & Analytics team is here to harness the power of data so our teams can make better decisions. We’re focused on increasing customer acquisition, engagement, and retention through continuous quantitative and qualitative insights and analytics.
Depending on your skills and areas of interest, you’ll have the opportunity to get involved in specialties like Strategy, Machine Learning, Product & Core Insights, and Sales.
About the Role
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Extract and query data from our data lake and data warehouse using SQL.
- Derive insights from our customers’ behaviours & journeys to inform initiatives for acquisition, engagement, and retention.
- Define benchmarks, goals, and KPIs and develop dashboards to improve reporting cycles and support decision making as required by the business.
- Continuously generate data-driven hypotheses and advocate for testing best practices, helping to accelerate our testing cycles.
- Communicate results and insights from your analyses to our top stakeholders, including investors and our leadership team.
- Collaborate, learn, share, and brainstorm with other data scientists.
Here’s what we’re after:
- You've got 2+ years of experience as a data scientist or data analyst.
- You have experience with A/B and multivariate test design and implementation.
- You are proficient in building queries with SQL.
- You have hands-on experience programming with Python.
- You value simple and effective solutions over complicated brain melters.
- You're a great communicator. You can take a complex concept and make it sound simple, using clear visual references to help.
- You like taking on big challenges—given the appropriate time and resources.
- You're hungry to learn and embrace healthy debate.
- You're empathic, enthusiastic, and collaborative.
- You enjoy helping others grow through constant feedback and mentorship.
- You're fluent in English and eager to work in a multicultural, international environment.
It'd be amazing if:
- You've got extensive experience working in the SaaS industry.
- You've worked in a company that's committed to fast growth.
- You're proficient with Looker.
- You've got working knowledge of Big Data technologies (e.g. Spark).
- You have experience with cloud systems.
- You are familiar with statistical modeling/applied machine learning with a focus on revenue growth, sales, marketing and/or business development. Examples of your projects you have contributed to may include lead generation, LTV, and user segmentation.
The job can be based in our office in Barcelona or as a remote role in Spain, UK.