We’re looking for talented Software Engineers to join our Mobile Apps team and develop native mobile apps, either working on Android, iOS, or a multiplatform framework.
- Fully Remote
- Competitive Salaries
- Change the World
To succeed as a Software Engineer, you should have a personality and work ethic aiming for excellence, independent of your seniority. Collaboration and communication skills are critical as we work in small agile (Scrum) teams 100% remote. We have a 4-hour overlap from 9:00-18:00 CET.
Your experience and desired career path will determine which of our subteams you will join. These are some of the responsibilities of being a Software Engineer (Mobile) for World Mobile:
- Take end-to-end ownership of the product: from backlog grooming to production performance
- Produce high quality, readable and performant code, properly tested with Unit and Integration tests
- Accept and offer constructive feedback to help you and your peers improve
- Care for overall quality, code, and architecture
- Design and build performant and optimized native applications
- Improve existing applications and frameworks
- Maximize compatibility of your developments with old and low spec devices
- Create cryptographically secure data storage and wallets
- Interact with Decentralised ID suites (DIDs) and VoIP systems
- Mentor team members with less experience
- Assist in the redaction of manuals, technical documentation, and tutorials
- Senior-level: 8+ years of experience
- Mid-level: 4+ years of experience
- Junior-level: No experience required, but proof of education and personal projects
- Familiarity with test automation tools, CI pipelines, and app store publishing
- Appreciate clean code and best practices in software engineering (Domain-Driven Design is a plus)
- A passion for mobile apps and knowledge or curiosity for other platforms and technologies
- Good communication skills, knowledge sharing, and collaboration
- Familiarity with cryptography — a major plus!
About World Mobile:
World Mobile is creating a world where everyone, everywhere, is connected. As the first global mobile network built on blockchain and the sharing economy, we believe everyone has a fundamental right to connection, digital identity, economic freedom, and self-data governance.
We employ a diverse team worldwide and give each team member the freedom and support to do their best. As an equal opportunity workplace, we are committed to hiring people regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to help make the world a more connected place, you’ll love working for World Mobile.