About Z1 for WU
Z1 is an international digital studio that transforms ideas into incredible products. We are a team of more than 70 designers at Z1, engineers and communication professionals that approach each project holistically. We are part of Tiny, a Canadian investment fund behind industry giants such as Dribbble or Metalab. We work with North American startups helping them create and launch disruptive products to the market.
Z1 for WU is about making Z1 projects shine beyond one. This means providing technical excellence support for projects already developed by our team in the process from Zero to One.
We want to incorporate into the Z1 for WU team senior and expert people who bring their full potential and work comfortably in challenging environments. They will work remotely for North American startups, maintaining and evolving amazing digital products.
🔎 What are we looking for
Senior Backend Software Developer
Your day to day would involve some tasks like these:
- Collaborate with your project team to work on tasks from the backlog that are based on the project's priorities
- Design and implement backend architecture for our applications
- Help plan out sprints by writing tasks and providing estimates
- Optimization of our existing applications for speed and scalability
- Maintain code integrity and organization
- Understanding and implementation of security and data protection
- Provide mentorship for junior/less experienced members of the team
- Code reviews and continuous feedback
- 5+ years experience as a Backend Software Engineer
- 5+ years of experience with Node, Express & Typescript.
- Extensive experience with both SQL and NoSQL databases (Postgres, Redis & DynamoDB).
- Experience with GraphQL & Apollo Server.
- Experience with Docker & Kubernetes.
- Experience with Amplitude, Braze, Google Analytics & AppsFlyer.
- Experience with S2S Notifications (such as Google Play, Apple, Stripe, AppsFlyer).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or comparable discipline
- Experience with React & Apollo Client.
- Experience with AWS, EKS & Helm.
- Experience working in a fast pace startup-like environment
- Flexibility to adapt to USA time zone
- Experience on project with many users.
- Able to effectively, conversationally communicate in English (written, spoken)
✨ Some highlights
- Salary scale: It ranges between €50-65K according to responsibility and expertise.
- Work Remotely!: We want you to feel fulfilled, both professionally and personally, and that you have quality time not only at work but also with your friends and family.
- Indefinite contract: Our idea when you start that you spend a long time with us. We want you to feel happy and that you bring out your best version.