We are an international digital studio that transforms ideas into incredible products. We are part of Tiny, a Canadian investment fund behind industry giants such as Dribbble or Metalab. We work with North American startups helping them create and launch disruptive products to the market.
Z1 is not a design agency with several engineers, nor a development consultant with a handful of designers. We are a team of more than 70 designers, engineers and communication professionals that approach each project holistically.
We always work as a team, both remotely (we have colleagues in New York, San Francisco, Vancouver, etc.) and in person at our main headquarters located in the center of Seville, a 700m2 space where you will feel at home.
We would like to incorporate into our team people who bring their full potential and work comfortably in dynamic environments so that they can collaborate in a diverse range of projects.
What are we looking for
A Project Manager with a technical background.
What you will do
Your day to day would involve some tasks like these:
- Manage a web+mobile development project ensuring the highest possible quality is achieved within time and budget constraints.
- Lead the project plan with schedule, communications, risk, and deliverables, and collaborate with the project team to define the product scope, roadmap, and milestones.
- Assign and oversee the daily tasks of technical personnel while ensuring all subordinates are actively working toward established milestones.
- Hold regular technical team meetings to determine progress and address any questions or challenges regarding projects.
- Support technical team members by removing barriers to their work and identifying ways to work effectively.
- Work closely with the client and internal team to determine the feature requirements: Communicate client business needs to the internal team and communicate project updates and deliverables to our client.
- Proactively monitor and mitigate project risk by providing solutions and knowing when and how to escalate issues.
- Provide leadership by communicating expectations and feedback across design, engineering, QA, and cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated understanding of Project Management processes, strategies and methods.
- Experience managing web and native mobile products.
- Slight understanding of code review with Node.js + React (you won't code! but you should be able to review and validate the work of our technical team).
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and experience establishing guidelines in these areas for others.
- Agility to be ready to deliver on time, budget, and expectations.
- Highly self-organized.
It's a great plus if you also know about:
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in design + engineering.
- Fluent in English.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Feel comfortable working with Notion.
Here are some perks why you’d love to join our team:
Salary scale: We base fixed salaries on experience, achieving a homogeneous and revisable system of remuneration. It ranges between €20-26K according to responsibility and expertise. The first salary review will be at 6 months after you join the team.
Bonus Pay: On top of your regular earnings, we thank you with extra payments for your commitment regarding leadership, adaptation to remote work, the successful recommendation of candidates, and more!
Permanent contract: Our idea when you start at Z1 is that you feel so comfortable that you want to stay. We are devoted to making you happy, starting by offering you a long-lasting relationship from day 1.
32-hour working week + 8 flexible hours: We want you to feel fulfilled, both professionally and personally, and that you have quality time not only at work but also with your friends and family. We are serious about achieving a real work-life balance!
Training plan: We need to stay up to date on technology and design trends, and we are aware the only way to achieve it is by dedicating time to research. You'll have four hours per week included in your working hours to improve your skills, being 2 for English lessons and 2 to study whatever you want.
Special offers: We'll provide you with a Cobee card after your first six months with us, with which you'll have discounts on restaurants, food deliveries, nursery schools, and public transport.
Good vibes only: We take our job very seriously, but working with us is fun, we promise! For us is vital that we build a healthy work environment together. Get ready for an enjoyable team-building activity every week.